About the conference
Founded in 1922, Rehabilitation International (RI Global) is a worldwide organization comprised of people with disabilities, service providers,government agencies, academics, researchers and advocates working to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities. With member organizations in more than 100 countries and in all regions of the world, RI Global also provides a forum for the exchange of experience and information on research and practice.
26-28 June 2019 (Wednesday-Friday)
Estimated number of participants
RI Asia & Pacific Regional Conference 2019 is expected to reach 1,000 participants.
The Conference language will be English. Simultaneous stenography, Chinese
(Mandarin) interpretation and international sign language will be provided in plenary
Ｍain theme：Together, leaving no one behind, in disability inclusive and rights-based progress.
- Accessibility in built environment and transport, and information communication technology
- Early assessment and training
- Inclusive school and post-secondary education
- Vocational training, work and employment, social enterprise, and income generating strategies
- Gender and disabilities
- People with dementia
- Parents movement and Family Care Homes
- Disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction, and post-disaster rehabilitation
- WHO International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health
- Community-Based Rehabilitation and community support services
- Long-term comprehensive policy and programme planning
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), Incheon Strategy, Asia and Pacific and UN new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)